Saturday, December 20, 2014

Well, I understand that hygiene is important, that with hävertslangen was a mistake. On the other h


Tested just a beer from my first batch ever. It was sour and had very little carbonic acid. What can be the reason? Here is some background: There is a Coopers Real Ale, which I boiled some extra cascade in (like American pale ale). And torrhumlat with sock at the end of primary fermentation. Used regular permeability sugar because I did not know better then. Fermentation lasted for seven or eight days (21 degrees). To my untrained eye it seemed that the fermentation went well. Even though I had been there on the overthrow of hops bag and hydrometer (foam dissipated admittedly but returned) Dropped then 50 cl bottles, primed with about 4 grams of sugar. It did not look like something happened in the bottles currently on the fourth day's secondary fermentation so I opened one (a little early, I know) to check. Heard a small little boy and it was a bit carbonic permeability acid, but not much. Most disturbing, however, was the acidity. Bitter is it too but I like that, but not when combined with the acidity. Anyone who bothered / can / want to come with tip? Sigge Sahlin Helmaltsbryggare Posts: 27 Joined: Saturday 2012-08-11 13:22
How do your procedures for cleaning and disinfecting out? That it tastes sour can be a sign of infection. You write that you are primed with 4g of sugar. Do you mean per liter or per 50cl bottle? 4g / l is not so much, but a real ales are not supposed permeability to have the spec. much carbonic heller.Det can take up to 3 weeks before it has formed enough carbonation and additionally requires permeability most beers least one month in barrel / bottle before it tastes like it should. benghan Helmaltsbryggare Posts: 49 Joined: Friday 2011-10-21 21:17 Location: Gothenburg
Thanks for the quick response. I cleaned with warm water and with a powder I bought at PGW. But of course, it might come in little bacteria associated with that I lost through the siphon (forgot between yards away which end of the straw which I had had the hose end). Is it bad to lift the lid on jäshinken too often? The guy on the PGW said it was okay to measure the hydrometer directly in jäshinken, but maybe it was wrong? I primed with 4 g per 50cl, read somewhere that one would think of 8 g / l. Aha ... three weeks to get carbonic acid. Isa cases perhaps it dissolves. But the acidity teaches hardly disappear ..? Sigge Sahlin Helmaltsbryggare Posts: 27 Joined: Saturday 2012-08-11 13:22
Ok. Pondering else to buy a faucet to jäshinken. But it is thus generally so that a contamination provides just sour taste? Sigge Sahlin Helmaltsbryggare Posts: 27 Joined: Saturday 2012-08-11 13:22
There's suröl normally ferment with "wild" yeasts permeability and lactic acid bacteria. (Lambic) permeability The amount of bacteria in your mouth is not something permeability you can ignore. Hygiene is a and o in beer brewing. It really is the absolute first thing you should learn. Everything concerning the wort / beer after it has cooled permeability below 60 degrees WILL be disinfected. Self drive I StarSan and PBW to clean and have both bucket with tap and siphon with autosifon. permeability The bucket I use just to pour the bottle facing up, otherwise it is a siphon that apply. I only opens the bucket if I need and all the hydrometer sample do I graduated cylinder. One can then take the opportunity to taste the sample, so one quality control beer during fermentation. Pour especially not return it. Bee Yeast Growers Posts: 1159 Joined: Sunday 2012-06-03 20:30 Location: Stockholm permeability - Åkersberga
Well, I understand that hygiene is important, that with hävertslangen was a mistake. On the other hand, there are so many moments where it can go wrong. Is the hygiene of brain operation permeability level, so it must be pretty damn hard to do without infection. Why not tap all the way? Sigge Sahlin Helmaltsbryggare Posts: 27 Joined: Saturday 2012-08-11 13:22
Taps are gold. I hae one on all my buckets and do not use hävrt at all anymore. Just boil the silicone tube that I use. My simplest but best investment permeability clearly. fireman Torrhumlare Posts: 136 Joined: Wednesday 2010-08-25 12:16
Up
I run with cranes (humles black + fitting silicone hose) but have trouble finding a good flow. Do not want to beer splashes during transfer as first 10-15 literna permeability I run with liite open faucet, then pull on fully when there is a risk of splash anymore, but I wonder if it is optimal to run with little open faucet in the beginning when the tube is not filled with beer, but there are a lot of air around the beer. How do you make others using the same technology? I've been meaning to test with a hose clamp from a discarded siphon to try to find an optimal flow
Have long hose, enough for it to be barely a lap at the bottom, but splashes it does for me, pretty permeability good bubbling and splash spirit until I got in about 10-15 liters, it gets pretty good pull on the hose when opening fully here ...
When you lose if they release carbon dioxide from the beer and forms a gashinna, so I'm not appreciably

No comments:

Post a Comment