Monday, December 22, 2014

One further question, xsag if you want to add more yeast before bottling to ensure xsag that there


Goddagens. Have brewed beer 6 times now. Run method: - 60-90 minutes a '68grader xsag - 60-90 minutes boiling hops Fermentation in a vessel (Better Bottle) at least 2-4 weeks until fermentation has stopped. My big problem "right now" is carbonating. I've tried to make syrup 3 times. The result was one time good carbonation 2 times uneven carbonic acid. Suede Sugar Bits 2 times. Results 1 time a bell carbonic 1 time no carbonation at all. It is bitter when you have managed to get all the steps to work and the result is a beer with "crooked" carbonic acid. Now I have an IPA standing and bubbling, and I will try to run with Suede Sugar again. My theory was that the yeast was "finished" at last carbonating then I know that sugar was in each bottle, so I figured adding more yeast before butteljering. Anyone have another theory? And when it's good to adding the yeast so I know that the "mixed" out as good as possible? Is there any yeast that is particularly well suited for this? Have T-58 and S-04 at home. My plan is to mix the dry yeast in pretty much 37g boiled water so it will be rinningt, about 20 minutes before butteljering I send it into the yeast bottle. I do not believe in "leaky" caps when all the bottles at the same butteljering have the same problem, good or bad. South Beer Kit Brewer Posts: 5 Joined: Sunday 2013-02-24 10:58
Unfortunately, I can only ferment in the home environment, live in the apartment, where it is around 20 degrees xsag stable. The wind is too hot and I think people would react if I curled up on the element. I have had problems with the yeasts Safbrew T-58, Saflager xsag W-34/70, Safale US 05th But out of 5 brews so have two pieces gone well. Once the two with Safbrew T-58 went well, then I drove with syrup. No time has gone well with Saflager xsag W-34/70, was driving with syrup. Once the two with Safale US-05 went well, ran with suede sugar cubes. The times I drove with syrup and "flopped" with carbonic acid has been clean 10 bottles of champagne bottles while the rest were no carbonic acid. Then I figured out how much sugar, xsag boiled it in water for 15 minutes, allowed to stand and cool slightly. Then pour it into "betterbottlen" 20 minutes before butteljeringen. After the spanking I drive with a plate heat exchanger to bring down the temperature snabt to "betterbottlen". Appoints yeast, mixed in 37 gradit water. After about two weeks, unless the recipe says otherwise, I start measuring FG daily to see activity. One can target the "SodaStream" method but find it interesting with "chemistry" in ölbryggningen and want to understand it. South Beer Kit Brewer Posts: 5 Joined: Sunday 2013-02-24 10:58
One further question, xsag if you want to add more yeast before bottling to ensure xsag that there is yeast remains, how much should you take (eg per 10 l) and there are some risks / disadvantages? / Anders AndersG xsag Torrhumlare Posts: 77 Joined: Thursday 2011-10-20 07:12 Location: Linköping
Some things to try at uneven kolsyrenivå of a batch: 1. Do not make the syrup too thick. I usually drive with 1: 1 weight ratio between water and sugar. 2. Ensure the syrup and wort has approximately the same temperature and that the temperature is not too low, say less than 18C 3. Mix the syrup in the wort while stirring (not vice versa), otherwise settles happily syrup on the bottom of the bucket and you get uneven carbonation . For low kolsyrenivå because of cold crash (ie, too little yeast in suspension): 1. Hydrogenate 1g dry yeast (for about 20-25L) of the variety you fermented primarily with and add to mix the syrup and wort in connection with the bottle up second Add spirited yeast yeast slurry from primary fermentation (kept alive in the refrigerator packed with wort (OG 1030 will be good enough) made eg. by DME)
Thanks for all the answers! I have a Better Bottle with tap. When I butteljerar beer so I have not wanted to stir the wort, to get the beer so free from sediment as possible. Read that someone just poured the syrup and let it stand, without stirring, for 20 minutes. But it does not seem to be the usual method you do when you use the syrup from what I read on the forum. Has now acquired yet another Better Bottle with tap. My plan so far, feel free to comment, is to: 1. Drain the wort, when it has finished fermenting, xsag to "bottel" No. 2. 2. Hydrogenate a dry yeast packets, the same variety as the primary yeast, and pour the wort. Do not have a yeast slurry in the fridge. Then mix well. 3. Then run with suede sugar method. To assure me that there is sugar in each bottle. Trying to simplify all the steps as much as I can, to minimize errors. My goal right now is to achieve the same result with a recipe twice to Anders: What I've heard you can not have too much yeast. You might get a little more sediment in the bottle engines. The risk, however, is bottle-blasting, xsag but I think it is because you have förmycket sugar and not too much yeast. So I would have driven down a whole bag, although it

No comments:

Post a Comment